The South Kingstown Education Foundation is offering (2) $1000. scholarships to graduating seniors from SKHS. Scholarship winners will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria and points will be awarded in the following categories:
- Having a 2.7 GPA or higher. Special consideration will be made if student does not meet this requirement but does exceed expectations in other areas.
- Student is required to provide a short 150 word max character reference. This should not be a letter submitted for the purpose of college admissions, but a short note from someone (outside of your immediate family) who really knows you and can share a piece of information about who you are as a person. This could be a teacher, a guidance counselor, an employer, a family friend, etc. This document should be uploaded into the system.
- Transcript from SKHS. This should be uploaded into the system
- A letter of acceptance to an accredited institution (i.e. art schools, community colleges, universities, Vo Tech programs, etc.). This letter should be uploaded into the system.
- Submission of an answer to the question below. Acceptable formats would include – images of art, photography, collages, submission video or audio of music, spoken word, acting out a created piece, video presentation or performance, written submissions like poem, essay or short play. Please make any video or audio presentation no more than 2 minutes in length and all written formats should be no more than 1 page.
South Kingstown Education Foundation (SKEF) was established in 2003 to support educational initiatives in the South Kingstown Public Schools. Every year, SKEF awards grants to parents, teachers, students, and community members to support innovative educational projects in our schools.
- Thinking back on your time in the South Kingstown school district, what innovative education project would you create for the next generation of SK students and how could it inspire these future students?
- Click here to see a list of some of the past projects that have been supported by SKEF grants to give you some inspiration.
To apply, please complete the application, with all necessary attachments before April 4, 2022.